Call for Entries Open for 2017 Art of Peace – Tyler Visual Art Exhibit
(TYLER, TX) – Entries now are being accepted for the Building Bridges Visual Art Exhibit as part of the Art of Peace – Tyler celebration, a citywide commemoration of the United Nations International Day of Peace, Sept. 21.
“Art of Peace – Tyler is happy to once again to partner with the Tyler Museum of Art to invite regional artists to offer their creative responses to the idea of peace and to our 2017 theme, Building Bridges,” said Anne McCrady, co-founder and co-director of the peace event.
The visual art show will be presented as a juried exhibit in the museum’s education classroom Sept. 17-24, at the Tyler Museum of Art, 1300 S. Mahon Ave. on the Tyler Junior College main campus. The exhibit will be open to the public and admission is free.
The jury for selection will consist of members of the Art of Peace – Tyler committee and TMA representatives. The jury has the option to select up to two works per artist for inclusion in the show. Past exhibits have included the work of artists from Austin, Dallas, Lubbock and the East Texas area.
“We are privileged that the Art of Peace – Tyler committee once again has asked us to be the host venue for this exhibition,” TMA Executive Director Chris Leahy said. “The work we have seen over the past four years of our partnership has grown increasingly more dynamic and accomplished, and we are proud to have the opportunity to participate in such a great community event.”
Entry deadline for the visual art show is July 31. For more information about Art of Peace – Tyler events, visit www.tylerpeace.com. For questions about the art exhibition, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mrs. McCrady at (903) 658-5645.
• Artists must be older than 18 and reside in Texas
• Entry deadline is Monday, July 31, 2017. Entries received, whether by mail or e-mail, after midnight July 31 will not be accepted
• Works in all media are eligible, provided they can be juried by digital image. These include painting, drawing, printmaking, photography/digital media, sculpture, mixed media and fine craft (wood, metal, clay, fiber, glass)
• Artwork should relate to the 2017 theme, Building Bridges, as a metaphor for creating connections as an essential part of peace work
• Artwork must be able to fit through a regular-sized doorway
• Works chosen must be finished, dry and ready to exhibit
• Each artist may submit two pieces of art. Artists’ submission must consist of:
o Three high-quality digital JPEG images of each proposed work, each clearly labeled: Artist Last Name-Title-View. If mailed CD is to be returned, artists should include a self-addressed, stamped envelope
o A description of each work that includes title, media, size and description
o Artist CV or résumé with contact information including Website, e-mail, phone
and mailing address
• Artists should e-mail digital images, descriptions of work, CV and artist information to email@example.com or mail a CD with information packet to: Art of Peace – Tyler Exhibit Committee, Tyler Museum of Art, 1300 S. Mahon Ave, Tyler, TX 75701
“Since jury selection uses images of the artwork, artists should send high-quality images that represent their pieces as accurately and professionally as possible,” Mrs. McCrady said. Artists must submit images as JPEG files. Art of Peace – Tyler reserves the right to reproduce artwork images of accepted entries for promotion of the exhibition in the media.
The TMA does not allow art sales on the premises. However, given artist permission, guests will be provided with names of artists and selected contact information, she said. Visitors who wish to purchase artwork may contact the artist directly regarding a sale after the close of the show.
The TMA will insure exhibited works from the time of their safe arrival at the Museum until they are returned to the artist, for the insurance values indicated on the entry form. Insurance values will correspond with the demonstrable fair market value of the work. Details of the insurance coverage are addressed in the final loan agreement for selected works. Submission of an entry to the exhibition constitutes agreement on the part of the entrant to the conditions set forth in the competition.
• Saturday, May 1 — Entries open
• Monday, July 31 — Entry deadline (must be received by midnight)
• Thursday, August 31 — Artist notification of jury’s selections
• Tuesday, Sept. 12 & Wednesday, Sept. 13 — Receipt of artwork for show, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Sunday, Sept. 17 — Exhibition opens to the public
• Monday, Sept. 18 — Museum closed
• Sunday, Sept. 24 — Artist reception, 4 p.m.; program, 4:30 p.m.; artwork pickup, 6 p.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 26 — Final day to pick up artwork, 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
• Sept. 15 – 24 — 2017 Art of Peace Tyler events
Art, Art, and more Art