Artist Proposal Guidelines
If you are interested in submitting your work for review, please follow these guidelines:
- Visit our facility and review the below guidelines to assess whether your work is appropriate for MakeSpace ARTS.
- Submit one CD ROM, DVD, or web address along with a resume, a short statement, and/or cover letter as well as any other supporting materials (such as exhibition reviews). The CD-ROM or DVD should contain no more than 10 images, formatted at 300 dpi or lower for optimal viewing. If you would like your materials returned to you, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your submission. Please note that MakeSpace ARTS does not accept original work or models, nor can the studio be responsible for any materials that are sent.
- For proposed lectures, screenings, readings and workshops please submit no more than 10 pages of text that you wish to present.
- Applicants must include a completed “Artist Proposal Guideline Form” to be considered for exhibition. Download and print the pdf from our website.
- Submit a 1 page description of the exhibition you propose, and the overall concepts behind the work.
- MakeSpace ARTS asks that you submit documentation no larger than 8 x 11 inches. The studio is unable to accommodate submissions that fall outside of the guidelines or solicitations made in-person, via e-mail, by fax, or by phone.
MakeSpace ARTS makes every effort to turn around submissions in a timely manner but review may take 6 months or more. If your work is appropriate for a future exhibition, your materials may be retained for consideration. Thank you for respecting these guidelines and making it easy for the curatorial staff to review as much work as possible.
Submissions should be mailed to: