Entry Deadline: Tuesday, February 8
8th Annual Hecho en Dallas Juried Exhibition
NOTE: A copy of this prospectus (PDF format), including the official Entry Form, may be downloaded at http://www.dallasculture.org/latinoCulturalCenter/pressRelease.asp
Hecho en Dallas is an annual juried exhibition designed to showcase the recent work of professional artists who reside and are active in the artistic environment of the Dallas area. The exhibition was conceived by the Latino Cultural Center in recognition of the talented pool of artists whose creative endeavors give vitality to the cultural movement in DFW.
Submission deadline: Tuesday, February 8, 2011 by 5 p.m.
Not a postmark deadline. Entries received after the deadline will be disqualified.
Notifications to artists: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 – via e-mail
Delivery of artwork: Wednesday, March 2, 2011 (4-7 PM)
Opening reception: Thursday, March 10, 2011 (6-8 PM)
Exhibition dates: March 10 – April 29, 2011
Pick-up artwork: Saturday, April 30, 2011 (1-4 PM)
• Artists must reside in the City of Dallas or within the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
• Art must have been created within the last 3 years to be eligible
• Artworks must not have been exhibited in the region within the last 18 months
• Artworks submitted must be in the possession of the artist and ready for display
• Any medium will be considered; however, artists who exhibit artwork that requires the use of special equipment (computers, projectors, multimedia devices, etc.) will be responsible for provided such equipment for the duration of the exhibition
• Size limit for 3D artwork will not exceed 15 feet (length + width + depth), with the longest side of the piece not exceeding 7 feet.
• For 2D artwork, the longest side cannot exceed 7 feet.
• There is no entry fee for this juried exhibition
Juror names will be announced on the week of Jan. 17.
How to Submit Entries:
• Do not submit original works of art for consideration. Only digital photographs of artwork will be reviewed
• Submit UP TO THREE digital images (JPEG files) on a CD
• Each image should represent an individual work of art. Artists may submit up to two images to represent different views of three-dimensional artwork
• All disks must be labeled with the artist’s name, phone number, and email address
• Submissions will not be accepted via e-mail
• Files should be named using the last name of the artist and sequential numbers for every photograph submitted. Example: smith1.jpg, smith1detail.jpg (if applicable), smith2.jpg, etc.
• Printout of completed official entry form. A copy of this exhibition prospectus, including the official Entry Form, can be downloaded at the Latino Cultural Center’s News Center at http://www.dallasculture.org/latinoCulturalCenter/pressRelease.asp
• Works must be ready for display, including framing and a secure hanging device, if applicable. Artwork that is not suitable for hanging/displaying will not be included in the exhibition.
Artists will be notified of selection via email on Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Delivery of Entry Package
Latino Cultural Center
2011 Hecho en Dallas
2600 Live Oak Street
Dallas, TX 75204
• mailed entries should arrive at the LCC by the deadline
• hand-delivered entries may be turned in during LCC regular hours, Tuesday-Saturday from 10 AM to 5 PM
Enrique Fernández Cervantes, (214) 670-8723, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hortencia Rubalcava, (214) 671-0046, Hortencia.email@example.com