Entries due by Wednesday December 1st, 2010
- Opening Reception: Friday January 7th, 2011
- Juror: Tricia Robson, Assistant Curator for the Denver Museum of Contemporary Art
Icebreaker 2.0 is an annual exhibition of the finest artists living and working in Colorado. Sponsored by the Ice Cube Gallery, a dynamic, contemporary art co-op, this show received wide attention during its debut in January 2010 when it focused on the creative talents of artists living and working in RiNo (River North Art District). The 2011 exhibit has been expanded to give all Colorado artists an opportunity to be exhibited in downtown Denver. This exhibit has no specific theme and contemporary artists of every medium should consider entering.
Juror: Tricia Robson, Assistant Curator for the Denver Museum of Contemporary Art, earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Art History and English at the University of San Diego, California and her Master’s Degree in Contemporary Art History at the University of Colorado at Boulder, with a focus on German installation artists Kurt Schwitters and Jonathan Meese. In addition to her time at the MCA, Tricia has worked at the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego as well as the architecture firm Ottolino Winters Huebner in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Call for Entries Opens: October 1, 2010
- Call for Entries Closes: Received by December 1, 2010
- Artists Notified: December 17, 2010 by email only
- Art Dropped off at Gallery: January 3, 2011 (9am-1pm)
- Opening Reception: January 7, 6-9pm
- Pick Up Art at Gallery: January 30, 2011 (12-5pm)
How to Enter
- Entries will be by mail only and only entries received by December 1, 2010 will be considered.
- The entry fee is $30.00 and a check made out to Ice Cube Gallery needs to accompany the entry form. This entry fee entitles you to enter up to 3 pieces.
- Your digital images need to be submitted in the following way: On a CD- ROM in jpeg format, longest image side 1800 pixels, dpi 300. The file name should be the first 12 letters of the title of your piece. You can submit two images per piece – one full and one detail. (Sample: piece named Astronomic Events would have these two file names: astronomicevFull.jpg, astronomicevDetail.jpg. Please label the CD-ROM with your name and the names of your pieces.
- Artwork must be ready to hang or display and a set-up diagram must accompany multiple pieces and installation art.
- Maximum weight is 50 pounds.
- Artist is responsible for insurance.
- Juror has the right to reject any piece that does not meet the quality standards of the exhibit.
Send Your Entry to
Ice Cube Gallery
3320 Walnut St
Denver, CO 80205
Questions? Email <!– var prefix = 'mailto:'; var suffix = ''; var attribs = ''; var path = 'hr' + 'ef' + '='; var addy6543 = 'carol' + '@'; addy6543 = addy6543 + 'carolannwaugh' + '.' + 'com'; document.write( '‘ ); document.write( addy6543 ); document.write( ” ); //–> email@example.com <!– document.write( '‘ ); //–>
Ice Cube Gallery at the Dry Ice Factory
3300 Walnut St
Denver, CO 80205
Fri: 12-9pm; Sat: 12-5pm