MADRID — American avant-garde sculptor Richard Serra, known for his minimalist large-scale works, was Wednesday awarded one of Spain’s highest honours, the Prince of Asturias prize for arts.Serra’s massive “site-specific” sculptures use industrial materials such as lead, steel and concrete. “Richard Serra is regarded as one of the most relevant avant-garde sculptors in the second half of the 20th century, for his innovative vision of incorporating urban spaces in pieces of art that inspire people to reflect,” the Prince of Asturias Foundation said in a statement in announcing the prize.
- Stanley Arts Festival Call for Artists April 7, 2019
- TODAY – deadline for CSP’s 2019-2020 season open call! LATER – submit an application to join our curatorial team! April 7, 2019
- You are cordially invited to the Grand Opening of the Edom Art Emporium! January 7, 2019
- First Amendment Gallery: Collectors Preview – “Lust For Luck” by Dan Hampe January 4, 2019
- Call for art – 2019 ART214 Juried Exhibition – Bath House Dallas December 16, 2018